Saturday, March 9, 2013

awakening to the truth ; experience of reality

How do you define the world.What is real about what you call your world.Take for example  before you read this post or this blog you had no idea i existed.I define the world as a sum total of your experiences.In much simpler terms it is your experiences and how you interpret them.It is what you see,taste,smell , how you feel and your interpretation of these senses.I love waking up to the sound of birds chirping in the morning,the feel of the morning sun,listening to the sound of the rain.In essence i am a nature person.Am not into fashion.I am not so into social media.Someone one day told me i was cool, the same day someone else told me i was weird.I love the country side. Others love the city life,they are on twitter,Skype and that to them is what makes their reality.At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with either of us.The social media makes our world seem large and small at the same time.My world is made up of my experiences and interpretations of them and that is what the reality is.To my mother as much as twitter or even Facebook is real to me and you to her its not.It has no room maybe even in her imagination it has no space.Perception is one major factor that affects our interpretation and understanding of reality.I could go on into details on perception and where it stems from but i will save that for  later posts.What i wanted to drive home today is that your reality or what you term as real may not be for me.Where i come from some people strongly believe in witchcraft.I do not know what it is so i do not judge them neither do i dispute their belief i just let  them be.Our perceptions  then affect our understanding and discernment at any given time for example i say time is an illusional  element but space is real.It is space that gives rise to the element we call time,on the other hand space is not an element.If i was to travel from where i am right now to where you are time will change but the space between the two points remain unchanged by movement.For me that is my understanding as much as it may not make sense to many.Our perceptions affect our understanding and discernment of what we term as reality. Your reality then just is your reality it can not be mine or someone else's. When i speak of spiritual things as much as they are real to me i also know to some people they are not and have no room in their reality.My question today is what is your world? How do you perceive reality?




No comments:

Post a Comment